Cancellation & Refund Policy
A few things you must understand :
- Each ‘Varnam’ creation is handcrafted painstakingly by artisans. In other words, each product is nothing short of a work of art
- The beauty of a handcrafted product is that no two products are the same. Since they are not machine-made, each creation has its own unique character. Any variations in colour, dimensions, etc. are part of this unique character
- In case of the wooden products, the ‘marks/stains’ are the grains that are found naturally on the wood and not defects.
- The colours of the delivered product might slightly vary from the one seen online
- The wooden items made using the channapatna craft are fragile and are best suited to keep indoors to help prevent fading of the natural colours
- The colour can chip on hard impact against surfaces
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
Please understand that we are not a market place model like many mega conglomerates where the responsibility of the product is not theirs (and instead their vendors) and hence they have nothing to lose. Neither do we have a swarm of employees. Our sole aim is to give as many livelihoods as possible to the artisans so that they do not leave these crafts. In an effort to do this, like most social enterprises we are a very lean team where everyone multi-tasks. We are hence not in a position to afford a no-questions-asked returns policy. Each and every product of ours goes through a very stringent personalised quality check when we receive the same from our artisans. However, these products being handmade will have some of the characteristics as stated above. And we do not reject a product during our internal quality checks on any of the above parameteres. Else we would be very unfair to the artisans and it defeats the whole purpose of providing them sustained livelihoods.
We have a No-Cancellation and No-Returns policy. Hence please be very sure before your purchase a varnam creation. Kindly note our policy as given below -
- We do not accept cancellation requests once an order is made.
- In case you are using an international card, please note that if the transaction does not originate from the country where the card was issued, the payment gateway can ask for some paperwork which will have to be provided. And any charges levied by them on such transactions will not be borne by us.
- Please note that we will not be able to replace the product for any of the factors as stated above in ‘a few things you must understand’ section
- If the package is found to be tampered from outside, please refuse to accept the package and return the same to the courier/delivery boy. Also, intimate us immediately at email@example.com so that we can take it up with the logistics company. We will replace the package under such circumstances.
- If the delivered product is found damaged inside on receipt then we will have the same replaced. In such a scenario, we would request you to email us images of the damaged piece within 24 hours of receiving the product, in order to enable a replacement. The replacement would require around 7 to 10 working days from the date of receipt of your email
- If the product is not in stock, we will usually manage to get the same crafted by our artisans and ship them out within 2 weeks. However you may also choose any other product of the same value.